Tekram P6B40 - A4X and ACPI in windows 2000 or XP

APM/ACPI BIOS questions
roms3000
New visitors - please read the rules.

here is the problem and i hope you will help me...

With Windows 2000 SP1 / SP2 / SP3 or Windows XP / SP1, my computer automatically reboot after windows shutdown.... With windows 2000 whitout service pack, it's ok : the computer power off .

I tried with the bios from AOpen : ax6b R2.35 and it was okay for 1 day only ! after this bios didn't want to continue after detecting IDE drive...

So is anybody know how to fix the problem (i want to continue using ACPI) with my tekram motherboard ....

Thanks you very much and sorry for my english because i'm french.

Note: the bios is 1.10 or 1.11b0 to detect my 40Gb HD
adamant
New visitors - please read the rules.

This problem happened to my PC with WindowsXP. In Windows XP, if a fatal error occurs during shutdown the PC will boot automatically. To find out the source of the problem, first you have to disable auto rebooting. Goto system probperties (right click on "My Computer") and select "Advanced Settings", then select "Startup and Recovery", and deselect "Automatically Restart". Then shutdown your PC. You should now get a blue screen of death along with an error message. Search the internet for that error message. In my case, I had a corrupt USB mouse driver, which was corrected after I resinstalled my Logitech mouse. My guess is it's a hardware driver that is either corrupted or not compatible with your operating system.
Good luck!