motherboard is dead AWARD BOOTBIOS BLOCK

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
Alen_S
New visitors - please read the rules.

Dunno what happen and how, someone before me did mistake now I receiving error msg from subject when power on computer.

It say

AWARD BOOTBIOS BLOCK V1.0

BIOS ROM checksum error

Detecting floppy drive A media

instert system disk and press enter

So uper msg means, that I can recover from that situation.

I made floppy disk with newest bios update (bin file) and awdflash.exe but nothing happen when I press enter, than I found information that bios look for autoexec.bat and run it automatic. I made that file , placed command awdflash *.bin in it and saved it on floopy. But still nothing same msg come out when I press enter.

Bios chip is award bios, motherboard is pcpartner intel 440LX model: 35-8840-01

Please if anyone have idea what I did wrong and why bios dont recognize disket in floopy. Actualy it seems that bios see disket in floopy since floopy give sound like it reading something but after all it seems like bios can't find what he need for flashing.

thanks in advance.

P.S Till now tested also if CPU or memory cause problems but not CPU and memory are ok.
soupy
Absentee administrator

Seen our FAQ and Collected Wisdom forum?
Flash your BIOS at your own risk.
Alen_S

soupy wrote:Seen our FAQ and Collected Wisdom forum?

yes , did I miss something there, if u think on hot swaping, for now no chance to do it since no similar bios chip or motherboard close to me.
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Is the diskette you made actually bootable (io.sys, msdos.sys. command.com)? You don't say so....
Alen_S

NickS wrote:Is the diskette you made actually bootable (io.sys, msdos.sys. command.com)? You don't say so....

Yes it was bootable clean sys disket. Look people I am sys/network administrator and I know how to do it, this time problem is solved, motherboard is dead, not bios, bios is ok , it was erased by EEprom programator and writed again, no problem with bios at all. Since all other parts are checked by replacing with new, and at the and even if it was clear that motherboard is dead, I checked bios on other same motherboard and it working well.
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Checked the CMOS battery ? Some mobos will play dead if the battery is dead.
woaiyuer

try it
woaiyuer

your computer start can read floopy disk?
try make a autoexec.bat at:
AWDFLASH XXX.BIN /Py/Sb/Sn/Cd/Cp