Need BIOS Upgrades (2 of them)

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
jspyder
New visitors - please read the rules.

:? I need (and haven't been able to find) the correct BIOS upgrades for the following two (ancient) motherboards:

Intel Premiere/PCI ED -- I can find newer upgrades, but am missing the very first upgrade -- without that, I can't install the newer upgrades.

DTK PEM-2530 -- I can't even find a site that mentions BIOS upgrades for this old 386 board.

It's getting more than a bit frustrating.
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Usually you need only the latest upgrade - why do you want to get the first one ?
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

jspyder wrote:DTK PEM-2530 -- I can't even find a site that mentions BIOS upgrades for this old 386 board.
As Gemlight/DTK/Hongfaith didn't do flash BIOSes for the 486 boards, it's not really surprising that they didn't make anything available for 386. Why do you want to upgrade ?

As Denniss says, why look for the intermediate "updates" ? The BIOS is an image which replaces the existing contents of the BIOS rather than patching, so unlike some software updates there's no need to apply them all.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Talking about this? That is the Intel Premiere/PCI II.

http://support.intel.com/support/mother ... ax1zup.htm

It's here:
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts ... bmit=Go%21

The Intel Premiere/PCI ED (1.00.xx.AF2) hasn't got this issue. Make sure you know which one you have.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
jspyder
New visitors - please read the rules.

The problem is that every time I try to flash the BIOS on the Intel Premiere/PCI ED (and yes, it is the ED), it says that it's not a correct update. Even the Intel web site says that you can only upgrade from a certain BIOS to a certain other BIOS. The problem is that the BIOS currently on the board is older than the upgradable BIOS listed by Intel.

I'm trying to update the DTK board . . . well, just to make sure any additional hardware I add won't have problems (such as I'm having with CD ROM drives on the Intel board).
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Maybe your Intel Board has an OEM-Bios and the Retail Intel Bios won't install due to different ID-Strings
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

jspyder wrote:Even the Intel web site says that you can only upgrade from a certain BIOS to a certain other BIOS. The problem is that the BIOS currently on the board is older than the upgradable BIOS listed by Intel.
I have no experience with Intel boards, but it sounds as though they may use a proprietary flasher which checks the current version against some info on the upgrade disk. I wonder if the binary file can be identified and flashed into the board using Uniflash ?
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Is your Intel Board listed with it's Bios-ID on this site :
http://www.elhvb.com/mboards/intel/index.html
Maybe an ID-Error