WINBOND W49F002U - CAN YOU FLASH IT ???

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
Baron3K
New visitors - please read the rules.

:( I had to force on that winbond eprom to flash it with the uniflash tool (1.29). But it didn't verified correctly.. The board didn't came up.

Question is is there any way to flash that flash chip. ???
Uniflash supports it- but with BUGS. ?????WHAT BUGS. ???
CAN I SOMEHOW GO OVER IT> ?
Baron3K

:D .
It seems that my Nforce Board (on whitch i was flashing the MSI-6340 award bios) seemd to work with only 3.3 Volt part flash chips, And the WINBOND from The MSI-6340 used the 5Volt flash. 256x8 organization.
I found the same board in my friends house, and i flashded it on his PC.

Everything works Great...

FIN
capisi

Fin,

Here's a few things to consider. If that doesn't help try contacting the folks at http://www.badflash.com They will be able to help you.

Q. I flashed with the wrong file. Is there any way to recover?

A. If your floppy drive seeks on power up and then stops after a short period of time, you may have a chance to recover. The following information was obtained from Wim's Bios http://www.wimsbios.com/ FAQ's. Corrections on AWARD Bios by Terry McGuire.

Award: The boot-block BIOS will execute an AUTOEXEC.BAT file on a bootable diskette. Copy an Award flasher & the correct BIOS *.bin file on the floppy and execute it automatically by putting AWDFLASH *.bin /sn /py /cc /r in the AUTOEXEC.BAT file. The * would be the correct bios .bin file and there must be spaces between the slash marks. Put it in the floppy and turn on the computer when the floppy seeks it will load the correct bios and reboot by itself. When it finishes you have to remove the floppy and enter the cmos SETUP and modify the CMOS for your configuration.

AMI: The AMI boot-block BIOS will look for a AMIBOOT.ROM file on a diskette. Copy and rename the correct BIOS file on the floppy and power up the PC. The floppy doesn't need to be bootable. You will see the PC read the floppy, after about 4 minutes you will hear 4 beeps, this means the transfer is done.

Kill Power to the PC. Clear the CMOS or RTC. Reboot the PC and modify the CMOS for your configuration.

[/url]