I need some Mobo Help

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
Pez702
New visitors - please read the rules.

HI,
This is the strangest thing that I have ever encountered. I booted up my comp. and got a display adapter error, so i reseated my video card.(after powering off) After doing so, there was no display on the screen, no beep messages. nothing, zip, nada... I have tried several things like reseating my RAM, removing CMOS, Using a PCI vid card. I ahve tested my monitor, and that is not the problem. I assume my Mobo has gone bye-bye. If anyone could give me a few suggestions to what the problem may be i would appreciate it. Thanks. -PeZ

P.S. I assume ESD could be the only problem....but who knows :)
Pez702

Oh ya, when I start up, all the fans work, hard drive spins up. LED's work, etc. etc. I dont have another Mobo to test my CPU. But it's unlikely that is the problem, I dont overclock any of my components. Thanks..
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Maybe the contents of your BIOS chip somehow got zapped. Does it look like the floppy drive is trying to read a diskette?
Pez702

well, the LED of my floppy drive never turns off, so if my bios got zapped how can i fix it? buy a new one, or flash it? any ideas? plz reply
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Our FAQ and Collected Wisdom section explain recovery techniques.
Pez702

I will try to recover, but this problem didn't occur when i was attempting to flash my BIOS. And I read in the FAQ that you need to download a certain utility and disable the BIOS shadowing. any thoughts? thanks again.
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Is your BIOS AMI or AWARD?
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Pez702 wrote:I will try to recover, but this problem didn't occur when i was attempting to flash my BIOS. And I read in the FAQ that you need to download a certain utility and disable the BIOS shadowing. any thoughts? thanks again.
Certain viruses can do it, and you won't know until you re-boot.
Pez702

Everyone,
I fixed my computer :D It turned out that the problem was the bios. which still strikes me as odd, but it doesn't matter. Now my only problem is to fix my video card, which loves to stop giving display at random times, but i know it is a connection problem on the card itslef. Thanks for all your help eveyone.

-PeZ