I don't think my board is dead, but it freezes.

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
Dietcoke_KaRee
New visitors - please read the rules.

I'm sure you've come across this problem. I've searched and couldn't find the answer in your forum.

I have unfortunately updated my bios. I've done this before with no problems. This time big time problems. The computer loads and displays the Intel Motherboard screen. It will sit on this screen for all eternity unless I press ESC, F1, or F2.

When I press any of these, the system goes to POST and detects everything that is present. However, it stalls here. The message appears that says press F2 to enter set up. The computer then displays the message-Entering setup. Then it goes back to sleep without entering the setup.

I have set the jumper to the configuration mode. It just says Entering setup after I press a button. Still no go.

I have taken out the memory and added others and swapped the processors both to no avail.

After several minutes it's still on the POST screen. Oh, I forgot. Can't boot from a floppy either. I flashed it again. The floppy works in the flash.

PLEASE HELP!

Board is Intel AL440LX. Pentium II 300 128MB ram AGP video

Sorry such a long post, but I need help FAST!

dietcoke_karee :(
Toby B
Compaq-Fu Master

hmmm I would have to take a wild guess here and say that the board is an OEM version of the AL440LX and that you flashed to a non-OEM version of the BIOS....

Any part numbers on the board surface such as a 4000xxx-xxx or 251xxxx-xxx number??????

IF that is the case then that would be a root cause for your problems...
Compaq-Fu Master
Dietcoke_KaRee

Ok yes, I flashed from gateway bios to intel bios. Now what? Please tell me there is a solution!!!!!!!!!!!
:oops:
KachiWachi
The New Guy

I am confused in your post.

Can you or can't you boot to your floppy drive?

If you can, just flash back to your previous BIOS version (which of course you saved) and all *should* be well again...
Dietcoke_KaRee

I can't boot to floppy. Would that I could then I could reflash. The only thing I can do right now is bios recovery. I tried to use the bios recovery function to reflash the bios. It wouldn't accept any bios but the new one. I will try again this evening to see what happens. :?
Dietcoke_KaRee

New bios will not accept old dvd video card. Changed the video card and system booted right up! :lol: