AT7-MAX2 or AT7-MAX/XP ???

How-to identify your motherboard ?
ojan
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello,

I'm thinking about upgrading my bios, but the problem is that i really don't know witch mobo i have. The box says AT2-MAX2 (abit) So far so good...
Now, if i take a look on the Abit Global English site i see that they have 2 mobo descriptions...
AT7-MAX2
AT7-MAX2/XP
Exterior view of both mobo is exactly the same...
In the specs the only difference i can find is for the AT7-MAX2 board the word "optional" is written next to "media XP" I have the Media XP deluxe (with remote) installed on my pc. It was a free promotion at the time i bought this board.
In the BIOS upgrade section for the AT7-MAX2 the latest version seems to be "DD", issue date 27-03-2003, for the AT7-MAX2/XP it is version "B7", issue date 09-09-2002.

My question is witch motherboard is mine?

To be complete: eSupport.com BIOS Agent Version 3.21 readout
BIOS Date: 09/09/02
BIOS Type: Phoenix-Award BIOS v6.00PG
BIOS ID: 09/09/2002-KT400-8235-6A6LYA19C

Chipset: VIA 82C3189 rev 0
Superio: Winbond 697HF rev 6 found at port 2Eh

Thx, Johan
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Abit Tech upport site does not list the Max2/XP - might only me some kind of manufacturing option for the Max2
http://fae.abit.com.tw/eng/faq/generic/checkbios.htm
http://fae.abit.com.tw/eng/download/bios/at7-max2.htm

As the Max2 uses the same Bios as the Max2/XP use the latest Bios Abit has but if you don't have a problem with your board do not upgrade
ojan

i'm thinking about changing my 2200+ Tbred for a 2600+ Barton. At this moment i can still get some $ from my 2200+ and i would only need to pay a little bid more for this upgrade...
So if i understand correctly i need to flash my bios to get the barton support??? (nOOb!)
ojan

Another question is: A bios update will only update my bios? NOT THE RAID BIOS!? Because i don't want to lose my files, 150Gb on a striping raid array...

Thank you
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

The system BIOS contains RAID BIOS too. So new BIOS can have new RAID BIOS inside. BIOS update should not cause data loss - but backup if the data is important.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
Denniss
BIOS Guru

RAID-Bios in your B7 Bios : 1.21
starting with C5 Bios it's 1.22 and within latest DD is 1.23

You may need to read some Informatin at Highpoint website whether or not you may got into problems with newer Bios and your RAID-configuration
ojan

I've updated the bios to version DD and it worked out perfect!
THX Denniss and Rainbow for assisting me trough my first flash! 8) :lol: