Phoenix

Ask a question about your computer setup.
qajfat
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi, I had an old Siemens Nixdorf Scenic P75, with a phoenix Bios Version 4.04, and I decided to try and run it. I installed some ram, a floppy and a hard disk, with Win95 already installed on it. I powered it on and after some fiddling with Setup it found the HDD and posted OK. However I got the Non-system disk error. I thought that the boot sequence did not include C:, so I tried to change it. But I couldn't find anywhere where I can do it in the bios. Can anyone please help me. Thank you.
soupy
Absentee administrator

What size is the HDD?
Flash your BIOS at your own risk.
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

If you installed Windows on another computer, there's a chance that it will not boot. Boot from floppy and see if you can access HDD. If yes, try making your HDD system (SYS C:).
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
qajfat

The HDD is 600MB and correctly found in the bios. Rainbow, I did boot from floppy, and C: was accessed OK, but when I went to C:\Windows, then ran Win, I was told I had booted to the wrong OS. So do you suppose it is not booting because Windows was not installed on the PC? I guess if so I'll have to reinstall.....right? Thanks for your help, any further comments will be greatly appreciated, because I do not wish to have to reinstall Windows again. Thanks.
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

Use the bootdisk from the same version of Windows as you have installed on the HDD, boot from it and type SYS C:
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
qajfat

Rainbow, you're a genius!!! I did just what you told me and it's running OK!! Great, thanks for your help.