Asus A7N8X Targa Edition Bios failed

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
CYB4
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi I made a bad flash on my Asus A7N8X Deluxe Board. I flashed it with the default Asus Bios file with that Asus Windows flash utility. After rebooting the system, I have only access to the Bios and also to that Built-in BIOS Refresh Procedure with ALT+F2 key

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/english/ ... flash.aspx

, but the computer stops booting a little afterwards.

At the computer manufacturers website www.targa.de I dicovered later, that Targa made a own BIOS for that mobo :oops:

Ok, I am not able to boot the computer with a floppy disk, but the floppy disk and the correct BIOS File by Targa would be recognized, when I use the Build-In Bios refresh utility. When inserting the file name of the correct bios, that flash utility tells me, that Bios on the Floppy would not be correct and it stops. Is there any possibility, to force that flash utility, to update the BIOS with the correct BIOS file?

Thanks for an answer

Chris Schnaedelbach
Munich, Germany
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

I don't know of a way to force the built-in flash routine to flash. It might be possible, with some work, to patch the correct BIOS with the ID of the wrong BIOS so you could flash and boot the machine; but it may be quicker to hot-flash.

If you do not use the Alt-F2, what happens ? Does it try to boot the FDD ?
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
CYB4
New visitors - please read the rules.

I think you are right, I have to try to hotflash the BIOS chip in another computer. Everything failes to get the correct BIOS file via that Onboard flash program installed.

Thanks

Chris