Flash went bad, can I hotflash in different mobo?

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
dst
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi!

I have an asus p2l97 mobo which needed an update to recognize the 60 GB HD I've got here.

ASUS recommends aflash on the website, it says Unkown BIOS as others has reported. I have now found out that pflash is the right tool to use, but I tried uniflash as it said it recognized the BIOS.

I first made a backup, went fine.

Then I flashed the new BIOS & boot-block, checksum error. =/

So I tried to flash the backup I made, it went fine!

So I thought I'd get online and see if there was another tool but upon restarting the PC all I get is a black screen.

I have a similar LX chipset mobo here as well, AWARD BIOS on both of them, could I hot flash with pflash.exe this time in the other mobo to revive the BIOS?
dst
New visitors - please read the rules.

I got tired of waiting... =)

I used uniflash on 3 of my old mobos laying around, 1 of them had a award chip 5V programmable, similar to the one on P2L97.

Uniflash which failed on P2L97 succeded on this mobo, well, not really, it failed on the two last blocks but the mobo is working and my 60 GB samusng is recognized, everything works great so far, guess the last two blocks aren't used?!

Tried to flash again using the now working P2L97 but it still fails at the two last blocks. Very weird indeed. aflash that ASUS recommends does work now when the version is 1010.004 though. *ranting*

Thanks for the great information on this site and for uniflash!
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

The last two blocks are the bootblock code, which is not normally overwritten unless you specify it to be overwritten
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"