6.4GB WD Dataexpert EXP 4044 and DFI MIO 2050 EIDE VL

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
SBeaver
New visitors - please read the rules.

have a 6.4GB (or any big disk) that wont work with
Dataexpert EXP 4044 http://www.embeddedlogic.com/TH99/m/C-D/35866.htm
Obviously it's either the bios of the motherboard or the bios of the IDE controller card that limits me but let's concentrate on the motherboard BIOS first.
I've save a copy of the bios with uniflash and I think I manged to get the whole file. (a 512kbit bios flash rom with Award 4.50G)
Should I now try another manufacturers BIOS with the same chipset or can I add HDD support with modbin or other tool? cbrom and bios patcher don't work for this small bioses.
Any advice appriciated.
Just in case some boring ass wants to know how I got the bios from a motherboard with ISA using uniflash, I did it on another board becuase it didn't work otherwise.

IDE controller:
http://www.embeddedlogic.com/TH99/c/C-D/20963.htm
This might also be a Dataexpert product and there is third company that made them too but I think they are all the same card.
soupy
Absentee administrator

I'd say your best bet is drive overlay software. It's probably neither flashable nor patchable.
Flash your BIOS at your own risk.
SBeaver

soupy wrote:I'd say your best bet is drive overlay software. It's probably neither flashable nor patchable.
Your probably right. Another manufacturers bios would be good to try but there are very few board like this one and I havn't found any bios for any of the boards listed here as OPTI chipset boards.
I'll keep on searching for a while though in case somerthing pops up.
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Want a manual for that board? I have a scanned version.
SBeaver

ajzchips wrote:Want a manual for that board? I have a scanned version.
I think I've allready downloaded that, thanks you.
SBeaver

I have the bios hosted on my ftp now:
ftp://sbeaver.no-ip.com:81/EXP_64.rar

This is the downcut 64KB version that is, as far as I know, the exact BIOS that is on my motherboard right now if the bios saving went correctly that is.