A dumb question?

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
LifeStealer
New visitors - please read the rules.

I tried finding this information on the net, couldn't come up with anything though. Not saying its not there, but I can't find it.

Anyway, I just bought a pre-built pc from moomachines (Gateway bought them out lol..) I realize what I got and I may be asking to much out of it, but its bios is REALLY crippled. The motherboard (produced by FIC) is not supported by FIC themselves, besides FIC support sucks anyway... Back on track.. I can't get any information about the stock bios from them. However, I have managed to find the bios FIC puts on the motherboard (The non-crippled version). My question is, I have both bios files (Backed up mine), so is there any way I can find out what the FIC bios offers that the eMachine bios doesn't? Binary compare?

Also, if I take the battery out of the board before I flash a bios chip would that protect the chip from a bad flash? Had a bad experience with a flash so I'm kind of uneasy about another...

Thanks alot,
Toby B
Compaq-Fu Master

Also, if I take the battery out of the board before I flash a bios chip would that protect the chip from a bad flash?
No, that will not protect you from a bad flash...
Compaq-Fu Master