Abit KG7 seemingly dead after successful flashing

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
Aazealh
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi everybody,

Here's the problem I'm getting:

I've got an Abit KG7 motherboard, always worked fine, but recently I had to change my former processor (Athlon XP 1700+) for a 2200+, and it not being recognized by the MB made me flash my BIOS.

I flashed it with the latest version from Abit's site, following what they said as much as possible (using DrDOS with a floppy, etc).

The flashing went well, I typed F1, it rebooted and I got a blank screen. I powered the computer off and changed the jumper to clear the BIOS, and also removed the lithium battery.

My problem is that after doing all of this, when I try to boot, though the HDDs, processor fan and the rest are powered on, the motherboard's fan is off, and I even don't get a single beep.

Could you guys tell me what happened ? Is the board unrecoverable ? :? I must have overlooked something...
Last edited by Aazealh on Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Did you flash it with the 1700+ or the 2200+ inserted?
Aazealh
New visitors - please read the rules.

2200+ inserted, since it was working with the old BIOS, but limited in its frequency (Unknown Processor 1800+ was all it would take, even with User Defined parameters).

EDIT:

Ok, well actually after removing all the components and putting them all back together (did this out of despair) it booted normally, without any problem, and detected the processor correctly.

Another great computer mystery since I didn't move anything before or after I flashed the BIOS...

Thank you for your help and fast reply anyway, I appreciate it much.
Last edited by Aazealh on Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Flashing with an "Unknown CPU" is usually a No-No...

Have you tried the 1700+?