hot flash problem please advise!!!!

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
nicolae788
Chip off the ol' block

Hello!
First of all you may also read the post with the title of an ami bios ID!
The problem with the hot flash:
I have two chips and one of them it's for sure an eeprom MX28F1000PPC-12C4 and it's flashable at 12 V
The second chip it's an Atmel no.AT27C01012PC 9711 which i think it's flashable at 5V(any info on this ATMEL chip would be appreciatted)
The Mboard with which i am trying to make this hot flash it's an M539(PcChips) with the HX Pro chipset.the flash rom jumper it's set from the factory to 5V and therefore you can not move it (it doesn't have any pins)you know what i am talking about!!!.
I want to flash the MX chip with an AMI bios image using uniflash(the MX chip it's a former award bios and i want to make it AMI) using this board and i was thinking of applying 12 V to the VPP pin of the chip over the 5V but i do not think it's a good idea!!!
Second i was thinking of removing the solder that joins pins 2-3 for 5V and join pins 1-2 also soldering carefully....what do you say about this?but how would react the Atmel chip to the 12Volts?it will damage or.....
And as a last request:i want to know what's the version number for uniflash which supports best the MX chipp?described upper
Thank you very much for your help.
Alex.
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

nicolae788 wrote:The second chip it's an Atmel no.AT27C01012PC 9711 which i think it's flashable at 5V(any info on this ATMEL chip would be appreciatted)
http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod ... oc0321.pdf
Not flashable. This is a One-Time Program EPROM.
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"