ecs l4s5mg3 2.2 bios help

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
mabby
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have a problem - i trashed my pc - mobo ecs l4s5mg3 rev 2.2 - the problem is that the flash rom is a 512k & all bios updates i can find are 256k - i robbed a 256k bios from another pc & hot flashed with uniflash with latest l4s5mg3 256k bios (1.0d) - Now she posts & boots - trouble is that cpu fan speed control is missing - can anyone help - i have tried all ecs e-mails - but no one seems to want to help
Last edited by mabby on Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
ruelnov
Master Flasher

I had a close look at your 1.0a (original) and 1.0d bios files, but the CPU Fan Speed Control for these 2 bios files are "Show Only", which means cannot be adjusted through bios setup. This option is also not OEM-modbinable to enable it, so I wonder how you you were able to see a user-configurable option for this before you updated your bios.

Also, kindly post the part number of your bios chip as I'm curious why you said it was 512K (when all the bios files posted by the manufacturer are 256K only).
mabby
New visitors - please read the rules.

thats the thing - i buggered up flash by mistake playing aroung with winflash - the only reason i know its a 512k bios is when i tried to hotflash on another mobo with uniflash - it identified thr chip as a 512k (its an sst 39sf040) - so i ripped a 256k chip from another mobo & flashed that - the cpu fan thing - before the flash the fan would automatically idle just after post & automatically increase in speed when needed - now it just runs ful pelt - thats how i realised the fan speed thing isnt working - Its an ei system pc that i purchased from pc world in Uk - thanks for reply