40GB: OptiPlex GX1 266MTbr+

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
Bitmonkey
New visitors - please read the rules.

Bios type: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.
Bios Date: 08/01/01
Bios ID: OptiPlex GX1 266MTbr+
OEM Sign on: None
Super I/O: NSC 309 rev 35 found at port 2Eh
Chipset: Intel 440BX/ZX rev 2
Pentium II
266-800 Mhz

Hard Drive non-existant. Dell support a Jungle canopy. Any bright ideas?

Bitmonkey
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

Check the following link to see if this a definite match for your PC.

http://support.dell.com/support/downloa ... leid=34958

and also go to www.dell.com and navigate through the site to make sure you arrive at the same point and BIOS upgrade that I did.

I am only assuming this OptiPlex is a Dell OptiPlex and that I have matched it correctly by browsing the BIOS ID (and nothing else) provided. You want to be sure that this is correct before you flash.

Be interested to hear how you go. Ask others for confirmation before you proceed if you are unsure about this match for your PC and BIOS. For example if I was doing this flash myself I would investigate a bit further before being confident enough to perform the update. Note that even after following these links and downloading the update and taking a look, I could find no evidence to say that 40GB drive support will be available after flashing through the new image - one can only look at the info that is available and draw assumptions and conclusions (and hopes) that this will be the case. I would expect that at least up to 32GB will be supported with this update; I'd think likely up to 64GB or even 128GB.