Identify this mobo, win a cookie!

How-to identify your motherboard ?
Rusvul2
New visitors - please read the rules.

This motherboard has constantly eluded my attempts to identify the model and manufacturer. I do know that the chipset used is the Intel E7205, and the bios string is 63-0100-000001-00101111-010903-iBRKDL_G-VVNBG10A. I've looked all over the board for some sort of silkscreened manufacturer name, or FCC code, but to no avail.

Thus the prize stands at one (1) cookie for the identification of this motherboard. You pay S&H :wink: :wink:

---

I forgot, there is a white sticker with a barcode and some numbers on it.
Those numbers are : INNG22700274 AA A62469-401. Those two "N" in the beginning could very well be "H" instead, given my eyesight. In any case, I've googled for both the bios string and the barcode (entire string and bits and pieces) but nothing useful has come up.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

---

And more info that I should have posted before...
The board has 5 PCI slots, 1 AGP, Socket 478 (or whatever the pentium 4 uses and not that newest socket where the pins are on the mobo). On the back of the board are several outputs, we got a firewire port, an ethernet port, 4 usb, a serial connector, a parallel connector, and the standard jacks for onboard sound (red, green, and blue, I think the onboard sound is AC'97, but I disabled it since I have a soundcard). Also, the board has some sort of SATA capabilities (since there is a SATAlink chip right on the mobo) but I'm not using any of that at the moment.
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

Looks like some Intel board.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
Rusvul2

You are correct! And I have found another piece of information I should have posted. There is a big intel logo silkscreen onto the motherboard :o

What I need to know though it the model number. I went to esupport.com and sent in a BIOS report, and then they sent me an e-mail to call them. I called them and they more or less said they can't help me get a new bios without knowing the model number, which they hinted at would start with a "B" or a "D" (crappy cell phone I couldn't hear which).

Clues? anyone?
Denniss
BIOS Guru

http://support.intel.com/support/mother ... 010687.htm
http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/

Post any number/markings looking like a model number + have a look at the motherboard's bottom side as Inel sometimes has the number printed there
Rusvul2

Ahhhh crap! I just dismantled this thing a while back to put a new heat sink fan on the CPU. Now I gotta do it again!? ::grumble grumble grumble:: Thanks for the tip though, I will try that for finding the model number. Also, those links you gave were quite useful too, it explained that white sticker with the barcode and numbers on it. If I'm really out of options I'll call intel tech support and ask them what the numbers mean (pay per call though, doh!)
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Sounds like a workstation board and Intel didn't release a retail board with the 7205 chipset AFAIK. So we're looking at an OEM product here, Dell, Compaq, Gateway maybe MicronPC. Let's hear it...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Rusvul2

Well, I disassembled my motherboard, flipped it over, turned it inside out, still no model number anywhere. I even called up intel and told them the AA number (INNG22700274 AA A62469-401) and was told that this AA number does not exist. So basically I got nothing.

I'm still wondering how the board can say "intel(r)" right on it and also say "Intel is not responsible for misuse of this board" and yet the lady at intel support tells me it isn't an intel motherboard. Load of bunk

:evil: :evil: :evil:
soupy
Absentee administrator

Anyone find it odd that a Granite Bay chipset board has a Brookdale-G tag in the BIOS id string?

Anyhow, run BIOS Agent and post results.
http://www.unicore.com/biosagent/index.cfm
Flash your BIOS at your own risk.
zonxar
Master Flasher

Agreed, that was puzzling me too. Can you share the information gleaned from the BIOS report? How about a picture of the board? Was this in a purchased system - what brand/model number? Any other labels or silkscreens on the board with a series of numbers?
:)
Rusvul2

Program: eSupport.com BIOS Agent Version 3.34
BIOS Date: 01/09/03
BIOS Type: American Megatrends licensed to Intel
BIOS ID: 63-0100-000001-00101111-010903-iBRKDL_G-VVNBG10A
OEM Sign-On: Unknown

BIOS Date: 01/09/03 10:20:35
Chipset: Intel 255D rev 2
Superio: Unknown
CPU: Genuine Intel(R) processor x2 3066 Mhz MAX: 3066 Mhz
BIOS ROM In Socket: Yes
BIOS ROM Size: 512K
Memory Installed: 1024 MB
Memory Maximum: 3072 MB
Memory Slot 01: 1024 MB
Memory Slot 02: 0 MB

I sent in this same report to www.esupport.com and they sent me an e-mail saying to call them. Called them and the guy said that he couldn't help me get a bios without knowing the mobo make/model. I took the whole thing apart looking for said information, but it's just not there.

The system is one I put together myself, the mobo was a gift from my father who, get this, works at Intel. There's an "intel" logo silkscreened onto the board, but no strings of numbers or anything resembling a make/model. I'd get a picture but I don't have a digital camera :(