VIA Chipset datasheets..

Only for programmers and BIOS gurus with technical questions.
Joe
Chip off the ol' block

Does anyone know where to find ANY datasheets for VIA chipsets? VIA does not make these available to the public but they are available to developers and large "buyers" so they say.

I particular I need the datasheet for VT82C686

Thanks!
Joe
Chip off the ol' block

Nevermind, VIA sent the datasheet to me. Let me know if you need it, I'll forward the email.

aqs12@adelphia.net

datasheet for VT82C686
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

They used to have these older datasheets publicly available. But the newer ones are not :(
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
sulbert
Master Flasher

What's the reason for not making the datasheets publicly available? Someone will start making illegal copies of their chips when he gets datasheets in his hand? :lol: :roll:
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

They're afraid that someone will copy their crap :lol:
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
headceo
New visitors - please read the rules.

I certainly do wish that I knew where I could find this "XBIOS.EXE" file for my pc. It seems that when I tried to make sure that my drivers for my Maxtor hard drive were up-to-date, I suddenly got this message on my screen stating that it was "Checking C:\XBIOS.EXE" & then it tells me that this "C:\XBIOS.EXE has been corrupted & that I need to find the original source that this file came from & reinstall it", but I can't seem to locate this file for reinstallation. I wonder if there is someone out there that may know where I can find this file. :?