K7VMM (1.2A)

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
lucske74
Chip off the ol' block

I have a motherboard K7VMM (1.2A) but it don't bootup !
With the postcard , the bios start and stop on FF , no screen or beeps.
When I do the force ctrl-home , he read the disk with the good bios that I rename to AMIBOOT.ROM , then I hear 4 beeps .
I shutdown the power and start again , the bios stops again on FF !
I take the bios for this motherboard E020702S.ROM (first version)
I do this with the second version E020812S.ROM but nothing changed !
The bios stops on FF , no screen or beeps.
lucske74
Chip off the ol' block

It's me again , I did now a biosflash with uniflash with the choice flashing bootblock , on another motherboard with a AMIBIOS I do this succes fully.
But now the postcard stops on D6 , I can forced with the CTRL-HOME then He read again the disk with the biosfile that I renamed to AMIBOOT.ROM .
so I see that the numbers on the postcard when reading the disk going tot F3, F4, F5, F6 then it stops with a couple beeps .(more then four beeps)
Is this good or Bad !
lucske74
Chip off the ol' block

Hello folks, thru a small incident I found know that the bios chip is corrupt or defect , or do I something wrong .
I try it with a hotflash , there I took my good bios chip (PB) MSI 6340 for flashing the bios for the K7VMM.
Now my good bios chip(6340) with the flashing bios of K7VMM works on that board now . But now my motherboard 6340 is out , I have no amibios chip for flashing my old motherboard. So I watch now for dead motherboard with a Amibios chip then I can maybe reincarnate my old PB board .