ASUS p5wd2 motherboard failure 113-pc4505-20

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
jkane
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello,
I have built a new computer, asus p5wd2, intel 830, geil memory 677, wd sataII, and x600 pci-xpress video, loaded the ox, windows xp home, all was fine, ran for a few days, loaded various applications, then started testing video editing, using a camera to the 1394 imported the video, and then started rendering for a dvd (sony 720), system froze up and never booted again, the first reboot posted the error 113-pc4505-20, asus people think it is a bios, and are sending a chip, i am not so sure, did all the basic stuff, remove all devices, reset bios, still nothing, any ideas how to get this creature back to life., additionally, the led is on, the fans come up, the drive starts working then stops, the keyboard never becomes active, (usb keyboard), and the monitor remains in sleep mode.
vanovich
New visitors - please read the rules.

hi, if that biose chip you get from asus is not the problem ,would you please sell me th chip. i have the same board,and after i flashed the biose . the board will not start agian. the flash progress died halfway through . and now nothing. i tried to get asus to send me a chip . but they are dening to send me one, so you could be my savior.