BIOS locked

BIOS Questions that don't belong in the other forums. Read them!
dustin
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi everyone .. Somehow my BIOS computer locked and requires the password. I did not have any password before. Some one told me that there is the way to reset the BIOS passwod. Please help on how to reset or unlock the password.

Thanks
PGM
BIOS Newbie

dustin wrote:Hi everyone .. Somehow my BIOS computer locked and requires the password. I did not have any password before. Some one told me that there is the way to reset the BIOS passwod. Please help on how to reset or unlock the password.

Thanks
The best way is by using JCC, jumper clear CMOS: You must shutdown the system and disconnect it fron electric wall outlet. Right, you must locate such jumper (Normally, it is near from CMOS battery), change the position of this jumper a few seconds, then return it to normal position. Connect AC power and press power button, then system do POST and it reports "CMOS checksum error - Defauls loaded", you must reset all BIOS settings.
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

If you still have a password after doing what PGM suggested, try the 10 steps I outlined in my post in the other topic in this category, "Boots to Windows but cannot access BIOS". This is simply a extension of the process that is more likely to clear settings if the clear CMOS jumper by itself fails.