Searching for a bios upgrade card

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
viletim
New visitors - please read the rules.

I've got a old 486 computer (small embedded thing) that i'd like to attach a 40GB to. I've run into the usual bios hdd size limitation, which is 4GB (or maybe it's ~8GB - I can't recall atm). I've used drive overlay software to get around this in the past but I want to fix the problem in hardware (well..'firmware') this time.

What I'd like to do is install a BIOS EIDE upgrade card that will add the required int13h extensions to the BIOS and allow it see the contents of my disk. Unfortunately, all three of the computer's isa slots are occupied (and none of the cards are expendable). I've seen pictures of these upgrade cards and they looks like nothing more than a ROM + some glue logic on a small 8-bit isa card. I believe I could simply remove the ROM from one of these cards, place it into the boot-rom socket of a network card (which already occupying one isa slot) and have it the ROM's contents load on boot just as it would do normaly.

My problem, and the resson for this post, is that, despite my best efforts, I can't seem to get my hands on one of these upgrade cards. Localy, noone has ever heard of them. Ebay is free of them. And the few dodgy online shops that still have them in stock (or at least claim to) refuse to post them outside the United States.

So, if I may ask, does anybody have one of these for sale at a reasonable price and willing to post it to Australia? Something that supports all the way up to 128GB (such as the Promise Drivemax) would be ideal. Or perhaps somebody would be kind enough to dump the ROM (with an eprom reader or read straight from the PC's ram) from one of these cards and send me the binary which I can use to program an EPROM.