Bios PLEAS PLEASE HELP!

Discusses BIOS flashers and utilities from Award, AMI and Uniflash
duwaani
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have an compaq presario 5441 and am not able to disable my onboard soundcard so that i can use my new Sound blaster 24 live card can someone please assist me. I have tried disabling the stock card through device driver to no avail. The computer just reloads it every time i reboot
RobertR.
Master Flasher

To disable your onboard soundcard, go to device manager, and click on the [+] button. You will see a list of audio devices, look for your on board sound card and right click on it. When you right click you will see a small menu and then go down to properties. A new window will pop up. On the new window look at the bottom of it. You will see a bar and you will see it saying "Use this device (enable)". Then click on the arrow pointing down and you will see a menu. On this menu select "Do not use this device (disable)". After you have done these steps, click on the "Ok" button. You may see a window saying that you need to restart your computer to apply the changes. Restart your computer and the on board soundcard will be disabled and now you may install your own sound card.

Hope this helped you.

Robert. :D