Ribbon cable clip

BIOS Questions that don't belong in the other forums. Read them!
ross_slaven
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have a problem. I took apart our compaq nx9010 to fix the a/c adapter. Long story short, while I was taking it apart I broke the plastic clip that holds the ribbon cable for the keyboard to the motherboard. Dose anyone know where I could get a new clip, or a good way to fix it otherwise. Any help would be great. -Ross
Yaye
BIOS Rookie

I don't understand how is the clip, however try to use plastic strings, like those electricians use to keep the electric cable all together: those that have a plastic jumper that don't permit to open once closed: you need to cut with a cutter if you would to open.

You can use those strings without electrician problems.
rwilliams
New visitors - please read the rules.

to Ross - I have the same problem. I've contacted HP/Compaq (and a dozen local computer repair shops) - but no luck. The guy at HP suggested a new mother board (I hope he was joking). Someone suggested a piece of credit card wrapped in cardboard - but right now I'm using the broken clip and hoping the ribbon cable stays put (my clip just has one of the side pins snapped - so the interference fit with the ribbon cable is still good).

Let me know if you unearthed any better solutions.
Good luck
RIch.