Audio Card not working properly.

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
RobertR.
Master Flasher

I have an ESS Plug and Play Audio Drive and the chip model is ES1868. It uses an ISA slot. When windows starts or when i try to play a cd, the sound keeps on repeating it self. I have updated the drivers from: http://www.esstech.com/techsupp/drivers.shtm#isa, but sill it does not work. what could be the problem?
Take precautions.
KachiWachi
The New Guy

OS?

I have one of these in my W2K setup and just let the OS discover it...works just fine.
RobertR.
Master Flasher

I am using Windows XP Professional SP 1
Take precautions.
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Looks very much like an IRQ problem - mark the IRQ required by your card as ISA (instead of PCI/PnP) in the motherboard Bios
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

I've used these in windows XP, SP1 and SP2 without any problem.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
RobertR.
Master Flasher

Denniss wrote:Looks very much like an IRQ problem - mark the IRQ required by your card as ISA (instead of PCI/PnP) in the motherboard Bios
I did switch over to the ISA legacy setting, but still it does not work. But could it be the excessive heat coming from my AMD K6-2 processor? If it could have been the heat, wouldnt that have dameged the other PCI and ISA cards in my system? But if it was the heat that could of damaged it, why does it play the music when you set windows XP up? It plays the song very clearly.
Take precautions.