getting an "error 2- file does not exist"

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
country_loven
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have have installed a new K7AMA MB in my pc. The cp is a 1.33. I have gotten the newest bios for this system (020208.rom and aminf332.exe) I did this because the pc would not run win xp as it was. I also needed to put in the pci card instead of an agp card for the video so that it would run full speed. When i tried to flash the bios I get an "error 2" after running the aminf332.exe file. Why am I getting this error, and how can I correct it?

Thank you for your time and consideration.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Make sure both of the files (the flasher and the bios file) are NOT marked read-only. that solves 70% of these messages.
country_loven

I diabled the password protect in the bios, but I still get the same error message. "Error 2- file does not exist"

Is there a jumper on the mb that i need to change or something else?
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Make sure both of the FILES (the flasher and the bios file) are NOT marked read-only. that solves 70% of these messages.
country_loven

Neither of the files are read only. What else can I try :((
Denniss
BIOS Guru

You have to add the filename of your Biosfile in the command line :
Aminf332 Bios.bin for example otherwise you'll get the error message file not found !
country_loven

I finally got the bios updated to the right bios. This is how i did it:

when the boot up sequence asked if i wanted cd support, I selected no, then when I put the bios flash command in, I changed the way I was doing it.

I was putting in a:> aminf332.exe <the flash utility - this would follow with the error 2

I then changed it to aminf332.exe 020208.rom/A <the flash utility with the bios in the string.

I found this new info at http://www.amptron.com/html/bios.html. This neat little site also had bios for motherboards that are far out of date to now.

The pc now reads as the 020208 bios and as a 1.133, but I am still having a problem loading in winxp pro. :(

I have another mb that i tried. It is a m7vkb it runs alright, but will only run as a 935. I want it to run at full speed. (1.133)

Any ideas??? Thanks for all your help! :)