6A6LMB09C-00

How-to identify your motherboard ?
Interceptor
New visitors - please read the rules.

I am really happy to have stumbled onto this site. It has more info than any other I've been on pertaining to mobo's.

Anyway...I bought a little $69 Apollo VIA KT133 Socket A barebone system from I-Systems http://www.isystemsusa.com/KT133/default.htm .I had an "IRQL not less than or greater error" with it when after I tried running XP (compatibility issue) and I have to reflash the BIOS before I do anything new to it. Apparently I'm not going to be able to put install XP so I'll use 98SE. I'm not sure about what BIOS flash to use. It would also be nice to find an updated flash as well as drivers for the board.

A sticker on the micro ATX board says it's a Procomp BVK1M v1.0, but the BIOS number says it's a BioStar. In the chart/page I was looking at it also says it's a BioStar.

Also, when I look at the board at BioStar, it is not the same board in the system (kind of obvious-2 PCI slots on this one)
6A6LMB09C-00 (VIA VT8363 (KT-133) chipset with Award BIOS v6.00
Last edited by Interceptor on Wed Jun 26, 2002 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

It's probably Biostar OEM board sold by Procomp.
For example, Procomp BVK1A is Biostar M7MKE.
Looks like your Procomp BVK1M is Biostar M7VKA.

The BIOS is here ftp://ftp.biostar-usa.com/Bios/M7VKA/vka1031b.zip
11/02/2001-8363-686A-6A6LMB09C-00
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
Interceptor
New visitors - please read the rules.

No kidding...that looks like the one alright. Thank you VERY much! I was getting ready to buy another mainboard for this person. I was looking all over the place trying to find what I needed. The company I bought this from was absolutely no help all...lousy I-Systems. You'd think they'd know what parts they were using. :x

I'm definitely placing the link to this site in the Web Links forum at SuggestAFix.com!
------------------------

Interceptor