Computer is down after changing a BIOS Setting

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
boonazz
New visitors - please read the rules.

I need help for a problem I caused by changing a BIOS setting. I have a PC with a MSI K8N SLI-F Motherboard with Award BIOS Ver 1.6

I manually changed the settings for the front side bus speed, just messing around, and boom the computer dose not boot up properly.

When I power up the computer the hard drive trys to boot with no video now. Sytem appears to lock up. Clearly I caused this by changing the Front Bus Frequency value in the Award BIOS set up.

Is there a way to get into BIOS to change the setting back to what it was 200mhz vs 400mhz( incorrect value).

I learned my lesson now I hope somone can HELP ME! :oops: :oops:

Thanks

boonazz
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

power down. open case. disconnect mains cable. temporarely remove cmos battery (10 to 15 minutes). Put cmos battery back. This should clear all settings and make the bios autodetect your CPU properly again.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
boonazz
New visitors - please read the rules.

Thanks Edwin for your response. Your instructions were a valid way to reset th sytem Bios.
Futher investigation revealed that the MSI motherboard came equipped with a CMOS reset switch (SW1) close to the battery and BIOS Flash Chip. Pressing this switch while in the power off mode resets the CMOS. Viola! ,upon powering up I was back in busness with the factory set BIOS ver 1.6 (Award). This was truly interesting to solve as my computer was inop.