80GB: QDI LEGEND P61440BX/B1S/Z1S

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
Mcrae1299
New visitors - please read the rules.

I need help getting my bios to recognize a Western Digital 80G HD. I have flashed the bios with what I thought was the appropriate update. My computer will boot up and it recognizes both my 20G and my new 80G western digitals but then a bio system configuration screen appears were it seem to try and autodetect the devices again. The screen shows Primary Master: LBA, UDMA,
and locks up.

My motherboard is a LEGEND QDI, (P61440BX/B1S/Z1S).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

I have the B1S, too, and it works great. What BIOS release have you tried to flash?

You need the latest BETA release to support large HDDs (over 64GB):
http://www.qdigrp.com/qdisite/eng/suppo ... chbios.htm

(B1s_v22e)
Tangoman

i have a Legend QDI P61440BX/B1S/Z1S BriallanX mother board and i need to install an 80gig hdd.....but the stupid thing wont recognise it....i need a flash for it so i can update the bios and instructions on how to do it please.this is kinda urgent so any help with direct links to what i need would be gratefull as iv tried looking and cant find what i need...unless im just going bug eyed from staring at the screen too long

the current bias version according to the screen is
BriallianX-1S Bios V2.0SLR
cp
BIOS Guru

no, really. just follow the link that ajzchips posted. select the file he suggested and download it. there's also a nice BIOS FAQ on this site that will answer most/all of your questions. read it first.
Tangoman

cp wrote:no, really. just follow the link that ajzchips posted. select the file he suggested and download it. there's also a nice BIOS FAQ on this site that will answer most/all of your questions. read it first.
ok have the file now....i dont mean to sound dumb but i am tired lol....anyways....can u gimme direct link please or am i gonna need to do hardway lol?