Any tool to merge updated Vbios file to a AMI BIOS?`

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
man9
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi,

I need to plug a smaller display to my PC (1024x600) and hence I need to modify the vbios parameters in order to support the display showing the full screen of the windows. however, I don't know how I can merge the updated vbios file back to the AMI BIOS, which has the extension of .rom. If anyone knows there's a tool out there to do that, please let me know. Thx!
cp
BIOS Guru

how about AmiBCP?!
man9
New visitors - please read the rules.

do you know where I can download this tool? Also, will there be any instructions on how to merge teh vbios file (i think it's in either .dat or .exe format) back to the bios (.rom format)?
cp
BIOS Guru

you could ask the google about that ;)

and don't get confused by those filename extensions: if you change the extension of a .rom file into .txt it still is a binary file..it doesn't turn into a pure ascii text automagically (even if your OS might tell you something different).
if you rename your vbios.rom into vbios.txt and inject it with AmiBCP it will still work like intended..you just need the correct vbios and the right tool to inject it into your bios. if you're not familiar with modifying a bios i wouldn't recommend poking around there. you might easily end up with a useless board.