40GB: i440LX-2A69J000C-00

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
GSS
New visitors - please read the rules.

My 40 GB Seagate HDD is not detected

The BIOS ID is i440LX-2A69J000C-00

The Motherboard is 643EL-AT manufactured by Jamicon who is out of business. AWARD site redirects to some other site and they want $25 for an upgraded BIOS.

Is there any other way or place to get the upgrade ??
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Is 643EL-AT what's printed between your PCI slots?
I have the 643E-AT Rev:1.2 with the latest BIOS (not available anywhere), and was wondering whether you had hopefully misidentified your board.

Anyway, please post your FULL BIOS ID string, and the FULL BIOS message (further up-left on the same page as the BIOS ID). The BIOS message should look like a date.

Oh, and check whether you do have the LX or EX chipset.
GSS

You are right , it is 643E-AT Rev:1.2 between the PCI Slots. So it is the same MB with LX Chipset 3 DIMMs. The date that is showing along with the BIOS String is 01/03/1998.

So if you have the latest bios I will appreciate if you can send it to me to the following email pcs@vsnl.com

Thank you in advance

GSS[pcs@vsnl.com][/url]
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Feel free to download it from http://wims.rainbow-software.org/index.php?count=-1

Don't forget to tell us how it worked out.

Note: this BIOS release recognizes Celerons upto 533MHz (not 533A and above), and has been patched for HDD support upto 128GB.
Last edited by ajzchips on Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GSS

Sorry for the delay in reply as I was out of station and could not access
the net.

The Bios works perfectly well and it detects the 40 Gb HDD. so thanks a lot
for your help and keep up the good work.

Thaaaannk you once again !!!

GSS :D
notinthisworld
BIOS Rookie

good day everyone. i have this 643EL-at motherboard (443EX) chipset, is there by chance that i can get a bios hacked for this motherboard that can also support greater than 40gb of hard drive and higher processor speed? thanks in advance. God Bless
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Did you check the writing between the slots? Is it really 643E, 643EV or 643L? Please post your full BIOS ID and message, or back it up, zip and post it to me with subject "Wims BIOS Forum"
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
notinthisworld
BIOS Rookie

hi sir. i am very sure it's written there "643EL-AT". anyways, i will try to back up the bios and send it to you, by the way, can the bios be also edited to support p3 processors? thanks. God Bless
cp
BIOS Guru

The Intel EX chipset is a cut-down version of the Intel LX chipset and offers support for 66MHz FSB only. So there's no way it would ever support any Pentium III at it's designed speed. Neither with a BIOS update nor by hacking anything in hardware.