Safe to flash? (Phoenix)

Discusses BIOS flashers and utilities from Award, AMI and Uniflash
DHowett
New visitors - please read the rules.

If I use Phoenix BIOS Editor (2.2*) on my HP Pavilion dv6000z BIOS (F.3D), it tells me about 4 unsupported module classes.
Those are the only errors.
Would it be safe to build a BIOS in PBE and flash it, or will it not include these possibly important unsupported modules.

I built the BIOS, with no changes (to get it to register a change, i deleted the e from a 'None' entry and then re-added it, so technically no changes), and it has about 512kb worth of binary differences from the original flash file, thus why I ask. The file size was the same.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

What exactly are you trying to achieve? There may be an easier and less risky method.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
DHowett
New visitors - please read the rules.

Change the boot logo, poke around in the setup menu data (it's super-restricted. All I can change is whether/not my media keys beep when I touch them and the boot order), modify a couple strings, that sort of thing. Nothing heavy-duty like recoding or replacing option ROMs or editing the ACPI code.
DoZe2
BIOS Newbie

Hi :)

I say you NO.

I try the same method with my Toshiba P10 Bios.
Only one module is not supported when the tool open the bios image.
When the editor rebuild the bios, no error appears. (i know the tool use catenate.exe to link all the module)

Flashing.... Black Screen.... :?

Ouch.... i reflash the TSOP with an external programmer (and you need to be good in desoldering/soldering CMS components)

Be careful !