Asus P2B bios modification

Only for programmers and BIOS gurus with technical questions.
Ranmamez
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi.
I'm trying to modify the Asus P2B bios, version 1014 beta 3, you can find it here, with the module 6421v431.rom, you can find it here (I found mine in the driver cd of my sata card).
I tried with CBROM and Award BIOS Editor 1.0, but even tho the module is integrated, the mod won't work.
I have inserted the vt6421a card in every of the 4 pci slot, but the module won't start.
The PCI ID of the card is 1106 3249, and I checked with an hex editor the rom file, and the ID (written after PCIR) matches, but still don't want to function. The mainboard boots as nothing happened, doing the POST and listing the card in the PCI devices.
What can I do? I tried even every setting in the boot sequence: a,c; c,a; a,cdrom,c; cdrom,c,a; cdrom,a,c; d,a; e,a; f,a; c only; ls/zip,c; lan,a,c; lan,c,a.
I tried both HDD Sequence SCSI/IDE first: scsi and ide.
I tried setting Symbios scsi to auto and to disable.
Nothing.
The Bios is an Award Modular BIOS v4.51PG.
Hope this help, and anybody can help me.
Thanks.
cp
BIOS Guru

you can not boot from an add in card as long as the card doesn't provide its own boot routine (e.g. an own bios). if the pci card's onboard bios isn't started there is no way to boot anything from it.
i've a cheap sata pci card with an onboard bios that boots up happily on an Intel BX board.
so either you should get another sata card or just boot from a pata drive and use the sata drives when the OS is loaded.
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
Ranmamez
New visitors - please read the rules.

cp wrote:you can not boot from an add in card as long as the card doesn't provide its own boot routine (e.g. an own bios). if the pci card's onboard bios isn't started there is no way to boot anything from it.
Yeah, except for the symbios/lsi scsi cards that are supported by the internal Asus bios, no? Why can't I add another bios module for let this card boot with or without its own bios? I've read about other ppl success to get their via sata raid card boot with this mod...
i've a cheap sata pci card with an onboard bios that boots up happily on an Intel BX board.
What card is it? via or silicon image?
so either you should get another sata card or just boot from a pata drive and use the sata drives when the OS is loaded.
I already know that, but the target I want to achieve is to boot from the sata raid card. As last resort I'll try to get it work from another motherboard.