My computer do not recognize a Hard Disk

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
eloxim2000
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi, congratulation for your forum, it is very good for solutions of problems his type. Excuse me for the grammatical syntax mistakes but i am not good acquaintanced in english language.

I have a computer 11 years old roughly and the HD 3GB, spoiled. I bought a handled HD in 4.5GB and computer do not recognize for programming windows 98 which i want to upload. With aid diskette of starting it recognized only 500 MB. I try to do format and fdisk with DOS but all them become in this space... They told me to upload the updated BIOS programm for my model motherboard. Nevertheless in my motherboard is writted the code APM8600. How do i find the real model? I will appreciated if you give a link which contain BIOS progamms, free download, for my model motherboard.

Thank you
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Maybe an Amptron PM8600, that'll be a relabeled Pcchips motherboard. Probably a M537 (VX Pro chipset, relabeled VIA VP1) or a M537DMA33 (VX Pro+ chipset, relabeled VIA VPX).

http://www.redhill.net.au/b/b-97.html
-> Scroll down to Pcchips VX Pro
eloxim2000
New visitors - please read the rules.

OK, Thank you! Finaly I accomplished to programming the software windows 98 in hard disk, after I selected "normal" by bios form. The hard disk appears as two disks and all OK! Thanks again