A8M2N-LA version 3.07 bios needed.

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
ny355145
New visitors - please read the rules.

I recently upgraded to version 3.10 of my bios with this update:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/gene ... =en&dlc=en

however, i want to revert back to my older 3.07 bios because i'm having issues with 3.10

Does anyone have the motherboard A8M2N-LA bios 3.07 version.

Thanks so much, person who helps will be rewarded. I need it badly

Edit - E-mail address removed. KW
fzabkar
BIOS Newbie

It's not what you asked for, but what about this:

A8M2N-LA Motherboard BIOS Update

Release Date: 2007-10-09 Version: 5.07

Description

"A8M2N-LA Motherboard BIOS update adds support for AMD Virtualization Technology and resolves recovery issues after pressing the F11 System Recovery hot key during system startup."
ny355145

fzabkar wrote:It's not what you asked for, but what about this:

A8M2N-LA Motherboard BIOS Update

Release Date: 2007-10-09 Version: 5.07

Description

"A8M2N-LA Motherboard BIOS update adds support for AMD Virtualization Technology and resolves recovery issues after pressing the F11 System Recovery hot key during system startup."
thanks for the suggestion but i already checked that out, it's only for vista, I have XP
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

what are the issues you have with 3.10? A new bios is supposed to solve issues, not create them, maybe some setting got lost or maybe you didn't clear cmos after the update (you should, both before and after) which can cause hiccups as well.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
ny355145

the problem with 3.10 is that the bios does not load and the computer screen only turns on once windows starts loading, i installed the wrong firmware
fzabkar
BIOS Newbie

Could the "blank" screen be caused by the BIOS trying to display a non-existent OEM logo ???
ny355145

i'm not sure. Before windows loads up, the monitor just says "mode not supported" then the windows loading screen comes up, my monitor drivers are up to date
fzabkar
BIOS Newbie

That sounds like the video card or chipset is powering up with horizontal or vertical scan rates that are outside your monitor's range.

If so, then that's very strange behaviour because AFAIK the default power-up mode is text mode 3. IME the usual resolution is 640x350 at a refresh rate of 70Hz or less. This should be easily handled by all monitors.

Is it possible that your BIOS is consulting some incorrect data in CMOS RAM and using these data to load your video registers? I would clear the CMOS RAM again and try to reset the BIOS to failsafe defaults.
CJTE

BLAH! (Sorry, im a little aggitated).

In an attempt to fix an issue with the USB ports on the system, I updated the bios only to come to the exact same problem!

I've reset the CMOS 2ce, pulled the ram out, unplugged the system and pulled the CMOS battery, and then began putting things back one by one. My monitor only supports a resolution of upto 1024X768.

I was on v3.0 core 6.0 prior to this update, now im supposedly on v3.10, but I wouldn't know.

On an added note, I don't get the Windows Splash screen, cant get to the BIOS setup, or attempt to boot into safe mode.