FIC SD11 Beta Bios - Download PLEASE!

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
Merclown
New visitors - please read the rules.

Please this links is dead:

ftp://ftp.fica.com/BIOS/motherboards/slota/sd11/

I need to install a MAxtor 160GB on my old mother board. My MAXTORs hard drive, with jumper set on slave reconise only 33GB of size and no more... My Bios is the last version NC611 but i like to get the beta, but i cant found it over the searchs and foruns arround the web. So how can i got it?

Thanks a lot for help and attention!
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Model SD11
PCB 1.7 / 1.8
BIOS Maker AMI
Version NC611
Released 2000/7/11
Flash flash818.exe
Fixes
1. Fix AMD Thunderbird CPU (A1 sample) internal cache information return size incorrect.
2. Fix HDD size exceeds 33GB report error, when in setup menu by press "AUTO" to get the HDD size.
3. Add setup item for user to select IDE cable size.
4. Fix all Maxtor UDMA 66 HDD copy files hang up.
So your Maxtor UDMA drive of over 33GB should work according to the release notes of NC611. If not, something else is amiss, most likely jumper settings or a weak power supply, bad cabling etc.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Merclown
New visitors - please read the rules.

Thats ok thanks a lot,

To solve the problem i got the Maxtor 160GB HD put on other Computer. Change the jumper to Master reboot the computer and creati a partition with the rest of space 117GB and NTFS formating.

I use the 80pin cable and i put on the Bios all off IDEs on auto. I have a DVD-RW LG working with 80pin and UDMA to.

Now i have two partitions one with WinXPPro 33GB and other for my files and programs.

This board is very fast, i have to nice Computers here but i love my SD11 Thunderbird.

Now other question, can i put more than 756MB of memory on this board?

Thanks a lot again!
Denniss
BIOS Guru

AFAIR the AMD 751 Northbridge chipset supports only 256 MiB per Slot just like the Intel i440BX. Thus with three Slots you are imited to 768 MiB.