07/26/2000-vt694x-pegasus

How-to identify your motherboard ?
Nolan
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi Im having a lil troubel trying to figure out what exactly my bios are and what I would wanna use and how I can improve my bios or mother board. I read instructions for finding my bios number in the beginning and something about a number that is suppose to come up as my computer boots up or using flash bios to find out the number. I know that my system is using Award bios cuz in the uper left corner it says award bios v6.0 as I boot up so I tried figuring out my award bios id but I couldnt get it to come up or I didnt see the number. And I cant use flash b/c I use win me and I need a boot floopy to enter dos which I unfortunantly dont have and dont know how to make or get. Looking for more help I went to my computers manufacturing web site www.hp.com(didnt have much hope for any real help) I went to support and entered my computer model number 8766c it then gave me a list of driver updates and 1 bios update http://www.hp.com/cposupport/swindexes/ ... _swen.html as seen on that link however that bios update requires me to type something in dos for the update to occur and I have no idea how to make a dos boot disk. If anyone could atleast point me in the right direction I would be eternaly grateful I know that the rules say only post if you have your bios id but as of yet I havent figured that out and i just need some help to get started :?
Nolan
New visitors - please read the rules.

well I got the bios agent from the link on this web site and it says my bios id is vt694x and my bios signon is 07/26/2000-vt694x-pegasus. My bios type is award modulat bios v6.0 and the chipset is via 82c691 but I have no idea what to make of that
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

An OEM board made for HP by Asus with support from HP only. Asus is not allowed to give any info about boards they make for HP. I think HP made it part of the deal with Asus.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...