Asus P4VP-MX Widescreen

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
vinicastro
New visitors - please read the rules.

I need a bios that works with 1440x900 monitor LCD for the Asus P4VP-MX. Its a VIA ProSavage onboard video.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the poor english :)
cp
BIOS Guru

we only patch bios' for chipsets with SIS integrated graphics. as far as i know there's no such problem for other chipsets.
did you update your bios already? did you download the latest drivers?
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
vinicastro
New visitors - please read the rules.

cp wrote:we only patch bios' for chipsets with SIS integrated graphics. as far as i know there's no such problem for other chipsets.
did you update your bios already? did you download the latest drivers?
Yes, I´m using the lastest Beta bios from Asus site, and downloaded the driver from Via´s Arena website. And I have other Via´s P4M266 chipset based boards (like Asus P4V533-MX, ECS P4VMM2, PCChips M925...) with the same issue, so it´s not only a SIS problem.

Well, thanks anyway about the Via chipset.

I have other SIS based motherboards, and gonna make new threads for them so. Thanks again!
cp
BIOS Guru

the problem is the same as with the SIS video bios and Windows drivers: the drivers read the modetable from the video bios rather than building their own modetable. why should they? it would be far too easy and intelligent.

go for linux and its x drivers. they support software modetables and even custom modelines. you want 1348x496? you can get it :)
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.