Intel D201GLY2(A)

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
randy
New visitors - please read the rules.

hi guys,

I have a Intel D201GLY2A board. It has a SiS Mirage 1 (sis 662 i believe) igp onboard.

I have hooked it up to my lcd tv.
i used to have xp installed with the sis drivers. there were all kinds of settings available, but anything over 1024x768 would result in scrolling around to see the whole screen.

Yesterday I installed Windows 7 (x86). Out of the box I could choose from 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024 and 1600x1200, all of which worked fine but are no widescreen resolutions. I then installed the SiS drivers and had the same problem like on XP.

My tv supports fullhd resolutions and is recognized as 'non-plug-and-play-monitor'.

please help me to get widescreen resolutions without scrolling :D

unfortunately i couldn't find a link to the vga bios, only to the board bios. i am not allowed to post links yes unfortunately :(

it should be possible, referring to a post from a guy who succeeded to have ws on this board with the RC.

Thank you in advance

greetings
randy
cp
BIOS Guru

please post model and make of you LCD. please post the vbios version which is reported in the advanced display options,
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
randy

guten morgen cp :D

thank you for your reply. It is a Samsung LE37A557 P2F XXH

BIOS is 3.72.10

I hope this is going to help you

best regards
randy
cp
BIOS Guru

I just checked the resolution table of the video bios : The video bios supports 1920x1080 which is the native resolution of the Samsung LE37A557.
did you download the latest drivers from SiS? try the following: download the drivers, unpack them somewhere on your harddrive (DON'T install them), uninstall all previous SiS drivers and reboot your machine. when Windows comes up again and asks for VGA drivers, point it to the directory where you unpacked the SiS drivers before.
randy

Dear cp

I tried it with uvga3_390.zip from sispointcom
Gonna try it like you instructed, one moment :)

::edit::
unfortunately still the same problem :(
while i see all the resolutions in the drop-down, when selecting a res higher than 1024px i am forced to scroll the desktop :o

it might be because it is displaying my lcd as "non-plug-and-play monitor"? i tried changing the drivers to "flat screen 1920x1080@60hz" and "plug-and-play monitor", but that didn't help either. :cry:
cp
BIOS Guru

i'll have another look into the drivers tomorrow. maybe something useful comes up.
cp
BIOS Guru

the Windows 9x driver doesn't list 1920x1080 as a valid mode in 3.90 :(
the 3rd party Linux driver however lists 1920x1080 in its modetable. seems SiS' windows drivers just don't support it. you can still write an email and ask them to do so.

if you're still stuck you should consider buying another mainboard, an addon vga card or switch to Linux with its open source drivers doing virtually any resolution you can think of.
randy

Dea cp, thank you for your help :D

Do you think if I install v3.85 of the drivers that will help ?
cp
BIOS Guru

you can try any version down to 3.73 but i don't think it will help.