VGA Patch for Q550

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
Tourniquet
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello,

i never tried to mod a BIOS before, so i wanted to ask how safe it is, to use a modded one?

Usually i just use the stock ones. But for this device the Q550 i think its necessary to upgrade the VGA, if its possible.
There are a lot of problems with the video card, and im hoping that some might get fixed with this new firmware.

Im unfortunately not capable of doing it...i can't even open the BIOS rom.

So im hoping that someone can help me, please?

BIOS
VBios

Thanks
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

1. "A lot of problems" is not specific enough.
2. Usually installing the latest drivers solves a load of issues, check if the last driver set fixes your specific issues.
3. This is an Insyde/EFI bios that are quite hard to patch properly, you risk ending up with a bios that is more unstable than what you have now.
4. if these are issues that make it impossible to use the tablet, contact FSC with your issues and tell them you will return the tablet if they do not release a fixed bios.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Tourniquet
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi,

the Q550 uses the Intel Z670 processor with the GMA 600 (SGX535). There are A LOT of problems. Flickering while surfing in Internet Explorer, problems with Windows 8 Hibernation / 'Shut Down', general poor performance, etc.
Most problematic is the flickering which can happen everywhere. Even on the startscreen of windows 8 etc.

There won't be no better or newer drivers, so i hoped maybe the VGA firmware could solve one of the problems.

FSC isn't a big help and i don't understand way they aren't release a newer bios with the newest VGA firmware.

Can't i go always back to the stock firmware? I don't want to risk to break the device, but 'unstable' is not 'unusable'.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

The Q550 was never designed for windows 8, and it shows...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...