Compling Uniflash - To Rainbow

Discusses BIOS flashers and utilities from Award, AMI and Uniflash
TheKing
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi Rainbow,

Thanks for the great Uniflash program. I downloaded the source code and compile using Borland Turbo Pasal 7.01 with the following syntax:

tpc /m/l -$G+ uniflash.pas

I successfully generated the uniflash.exe. However, when I execute it, the down & up arrow scroll very fast & I can't choose any option in between. Besides that, it seems to work fine. Do you know what cause the keyboard problem? Did I use the right syntax during compling? Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

I use this for compiling the release version:
tpc.exe -b -$G+ -$I- -$N+ -$S- -$E- -$V-

UniFlash uses its own keyboard handler (to be able to work in Award BootBlock BIOS) - maybe there are some compatibility problems?

Does my EXE file work correctly? Then most probably you don't have correct patch for the "Runtime error 200" bug in Turbo Pascal.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
TheKing

Thanks for the quick reply. I followed your compiling syntax and still have the same problem. Which version of Turbo Pascal are you using? I tested the 1st option of the main menu (write bios to file) and it seems to work fine. However, I can't choose other options, 'cos when I press down arrow, it jumps down to the last option which it's quit. The cursor is moving too fast and I can't stop on any options between the 1st & the last ones.

As for the patch, I don't think I've it. But I don't get any runtime error though. BTW, I'm using a Pentium4 PC. Will that cause any problem?
TheKing

Forgot to mention that your original EXE file works fine. It's the one that I compiled didn't work properly.
TheKing

Just put in the Pascal CRT Patch and it works now. Thanks a lot for your kind assistance.