Not Seeing Hard Drive

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
FiveO
New visitors - please read the rules.

Can someone guide me to the directions, or know where I might find the upgrade Bios directions for a Abit BP-6 Motherboard. I have been having the problem of not beeing able to recognize my hard drive when booting. it goes past the hard drive and says "Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and Press Enter", I have had this problem before, but its been a while ago since I had it. I have dual 366 celerons running at 550 each, and have been doing OK for a year or year and a half now. I was getting ready to install windows XP when this all started, ive tryed about everything else I know besides the upgrade bios, I have the BP_6NJ running at this time,and though about trying thr RU update and see if it helps. Thanks for any help. FiveO Email rgallimore@triad.rr.com
Denniss
BIOS Guru

What's the size of your HDD ?
Maybe damaged cable or defective HDD ?
Checked the drive in another Computer ?
the NJ should support at least up to 64GB HDD
FiveO

I have changed the hard deives around a few times, I have two 13.5 Maxtors, and one 15GB maxtor, But I havent tried the cable yet, I will try that first. All these drives have been working ok, up untill when the problem started. I will test the cable, or switch it out , and try again. Thanks for reply, will let you know if that fixes it. FiveO
FiveO

Thanks for the info, the cable was the problem, I just did't think of it bad since it was new, I would have replyed sooner, but I was out of town for a few days. Thanks, FiveO