10/04/96 i430VX W877 2A59GG39C-00

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
f_huba
New visitors - please read the rules.

Where can I find BIOS update for the subject :?:
also i looking for ALI - 154x - 2A5KIA29C

When I flashed the BIOS, there was a power failure
can I recover the old BIOS, (was saved before update)?
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

f_huba wrote:When I flashed the BIOS, there was a power failure
can I recover the old BIOS, (was saved before update)?
What does your motherboard do now ? Does it try to read the diskette ? If so you can try recovering like this:
- Create a bootable diskette (no config.sys or autoexec.bat).
- Copy the Award BIOS flasher program and the BIOS file to the diskette.
- Create an autoexec.bat with the command line to flash the BIOS, e.g. "AWDflash BIOS.BIN /py /sn /cc /cd"
- boot the diskette and allow time for the flash procedure to work - maybe 2-4 minutes after the diskette drive stops.
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

f_huba wrote:Where can I find BIOS update for the subject :?
Google search - Plasma Online - Gemlight GMB-P56IPS V0 / V1 / V2 Winbond W877 I/O. Also OEM'ed by DTK as PAM-0056i E0 / E1 / E2 according to Plasma, so DTK could be the place to find it.
[update]E0/E1/E2 BIOSes appear to be the same at version 1.12 "Support large hard drive above 8.4GB" - see http://www.dtk.com.tw/download/bios/56ie2b.html

BIOS ID is "01/13/2000-i430VX-W877-2A59GG39C-00", requires patching for 32GiB bug - now done.
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

f_huba wrote:also i looking for ALI - 154x - 2A5KIA29C
A-Trend, ALI IV+ M1531/M1543 Chipset (also known as Super TX chipset) according to the "Award BIOS IDs" link at www.wimsbios.com. Did you read the FAQs and the posting rules ? We will need more information to help you with this - FULL ID and the OEM message (top left of the memroy count page, under the "Award" logo.)
Aquamarine

My motherboard Has the same bios code, but it doesn't list the full code on the list at the beginning. the closest that it comes to it are these:

2A59G Intel Triton VX chipset (Socket 7 based m/b)
2A59GG39: Gemlight GMB-P56IPS

My bios code is the same as yours, f-huba (2A59GG39C-00).
Does this mean that it is the Gemlight model listed above? If so, why are there 3 extra charcters listed in the bios code? Because it's a slightly modified chip?
To put it in a nutshell, what bios flash should I use?
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Aquamarine wrote:My motherboard Has the same bios code, but it doesn't list the full code on the list at the beginning. the closest that it comes to it are these:

2A59G Intel Triton VX chipset (Socket 7 based m/b)
2A59GG39: Gemlight GMB-P56IPS

My bios code is the same as yours, f-huba (2A59GG39C-00).
Does this mean that it is the Gemlight model listed above? If so, why are there 3 extra charcters listed in the bios code? Because it's a slightly modified chip?
To put it in a nutshell, what bios flash should I use?
Please list your full BIOS ID (bottom left of memory count screen) and BIOS OEM message (top left of memory count screen, under the Award logo). Or provide the info from BIOS agent, or ctbios.exe.

To repeat what it says on the main Wim's site, which you should already have read:
- If the board uses the Triton VX chipset and is an Award 4.5x BIOS it will say 2A59G.
- If it is Gemlight the next two letters will be G3.
- The next two letters after G3 are assigned by Gemlight. Some manufacturers use these letters to identify the model, some don't.

So if your BIOS ID includes the string 2A59GG39C, it's a Gemlight Triton VX board. It's not safe to assume it's the same board unless the rest of the ID matches (apart from the date at the start). Sometimes it's not safe then and the BIOS OEM message (top left of memory count screen, under the Award logo) helps to ID the model.
Aquamarine

:oops: i did read that, but i guess i missed it. thatnx a trillion for the help. :D now maybe i can get the right boot floppy... my dad needed the motherboard identified for some reason

~the oh, so inexperianced one who is computer stupid...