80GB: 440BX-W977TF-2A69KC39C-00

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
Raul2k
New visitors - please read the rules.

WELL ITS A CHIANTECH MOTHER BOARD BIOS ON IT WAS V4.51 DATE IS 08-07-98 CHIPS ARE 440BX-W977TF-2A69KC39C-00 ... WELL FLASHED IT WITH FLASHER 753 GOT IT FROM CHAIN TECH USED BIN FILE 6BTM0505.BIN... IS THIS CORRECT..BECAUSE AFTER I FLASHED IT I READ THAT I WAS SUPPOSE TO USE AWDFLASH V5.0 BUT NOW THAT I HAVE FLASHED IT I CANT READ THE BIOS..I GET BIG LETTERS AND BLURRINESS... I WANT TO REFLASH IT WITH THE CORRECT AWD 5.0 FLASHER AND 6BTM0505.BIN.. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF THERE IS A WAY OF ME GETTING BACK SO I CAN READ IT AND IT CAN DETECT MY 80 GIG HARD DRIVES, THATS WHAT I WAS TRYING TO FLASH MY BIOS FOR.. OF IF IAM DOING SOMETHING WRONG CAN SOMEONE POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION....THANKS.... :)
jimmsta

Please don't type in all caps. On most boards, this is a violation of the rules!!!
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

I just flashed my bios but I am now having problems
I cant see the bios screen the letters in dos are big and really blurry.
I flashed it in a bootable disc but not sure if i used the right flash for it.
It's an award bios ver 4.51, I used flash753 I downloaded from Chaintech, then the file I used was 6btm0505.bin. I got that file from wimsbios.net.
Is there a way I can correct this problem..my computer boots up to 98 with out a problem..its just the DOS and bootup window cant be read at all.

The reason I upgraded this bios was because my computer could not recognize my 80 gig hard drives... I tried to read them once I flashed the bios but still no luck... is there a way I can reflash it again.. and was awd753 the right flasher for it? because I read on wimsbios that awdv5.0 was the correct one I should of used to flash it with... well here are my specs... Chaintech board, bios v4.51 computer date is 08/07/98 chips are i440BX-W977TF-2A69KC39C-00
AWARD PLUG&PLAY BIO EXT V1.0A..PLEASE HELP..RAUL
That BIOS string is used in 6BDA, 6BTM and 6BTS according to Edwin/Evasive posting at motherboards.org. The one at http://wims.rainbow-software.org is for 6BTS, so maybe your board is one of the others. Is there anything printed on the board to help you identify it ? Did you save the old BIOS ?

If you can still boot from diskette you can flash another BIOS. Even if you can't see it in DOS, you can create a bootable diskette in W98 which should contain the AWD flasher, the BIOS file and an autoexec.bat which contains the command to flash the BIOS, e.g. "awd753 6BDA0505.BIN /py /sn /cc/cd/cp"
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
Raul2k

Well thanks for the quick response nick..i just want to to make sure that its ok for me to flash the bios again with flash 753...becuase on wimsbios read that i needed to use the flash50 for bios v 4.51 dont know how true that it or it it matters at all..also yes i can boot from floppy and my board is from chaintech model number 6btm.. so even though i cant see what iam typing i can just make another bootable disk and type in exactly what you said and i should be ok? also yes i did save the old bios..
Thanks....Raul. :)
Raul2k

can you send me the flash file..i cant seem to find it anyway...6bda that is....thats the one your telling i need to use Right? .. well i went to wims bios page and i cant find it there..did a google search and no luck so far...but ill keep tring..in the mean time if you can send it to me that would be great..thanks...Raul :)
Raul2k

Well nick the board has 6BTM M101 ...maybe that can help us better?
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

Big letters? WTF? BIOS runs in text mode. Try to adjust your monitor.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Raul2k wrote:...6bda that is....thats the one your telling i need to use Right? ..
Wrong! That was just an example !
Raul2k wrote:...Well nick the board has 6BTM M101 ...maybe that can help us better?
Yes, that sounds like a 6BTM of some kind.
http://www.chaintech.com.tw/Downloads/MBBIOS.htm lists 6BTML versions 1 and 2 and 6BTMO versions 1, 2 and 3. If the BIOS you flashed is 6BTM0505
it appears to be for the version 2 6BTMO (6BTML has ITE867 I/O, 6BMTO has W977TF). I would try flashing with the version 1 6BTMO file, 6BTM0C23.EXE.
Try using Uniflash
We can patch the BIOS for a big disk if you need.
Last edited by NickS on Tue Oct 22, 2002 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Raul2k

I dont think my screen needs adjustment...my windows 98 boots up fine without any ajustments whatsoever..but i did try to adjust it anyway had no luck.... :(
Raul2k

well i tried flashing it but when i get to the saving part of the old bios i get a warning about it not being an awdbios in my system and that i need to update it... at least thats what i can make from what iam reading... ever heard of that before? also would you be able to hook me up with a patched file...that would be great...do i have to flash it first before you can patch it or can you send it to me already patched.. Ohhh by the way..lol..i know that was and example..i used that example last night with flash50 6btm0c23.bin etc etc... but then it just went right back to the a drive asking me for a command i could not recognize becuase its so blurry.... Well thanks for the Help its greatly appreciated..thanks..Raul... :)
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

OK, patched. Read the Uniflash documentation on how to force a flash without any manual input.

If your screen is big and blurry it sounds as though your screen may not be running at the correct scan frequencies. Can you borrow another to check this out ?
Raul2k

Dont know if this matters but screen isnt blurry when it boots up to 98 or when i open a dos window in 98.... do you think it can still be the screen?..
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Sure. It's usually a monitor problem. I have a monitor that does exactly that. Useless in MSDOS mode, but excellent in Windows mode.
Raul2k

Ok downloaded uniflash what would be the commands for me to flash it with uniflash with out any user intervine... i tried uniflash -e 6btm0c23.bin but no luck...was that command right?...thanks..
Raul2k

Tried new monitor no luck..also when i tried to force flash it with uniflash it's asking me for 4 #'s from the chip set...well its to blurry for me to read the numbers there asking me for...but if you can tell me which for numbers are the ones i need to punch in that would be great..i have the chipset numbers listed at the top of this topic...thansk..Raul :)