Motherboard Help-Biostar, please

Request help finding jumper settings or a motherboard manual.
daljaxon
New visitors - please read the rules.

:?: Hi, I am currently trying to fix up some older computers for my kids to use.
MB-8500TVX-A ver1.1
MB-8500TUD-A ver1.3
What I need is some information on what voltage to use for the SIMM modules and what processors I can use for these. I need to increase the HD, but that is fairly simple so far.
I do not have the manuals for them and the ones I found on line is of different versions. I found that if I increase the processors, the memory, and the HD, I can run Win98 pretty decent on them and Office 2000. This would indeed help them in their school work untill I can afford to get modern PCs for them.
I have four children I am trying to set up. My last two have AOpen AP53 MoBo's and I pretty well have the info I need for theirs.
From what I found already, I believe that the ...
TVX can only support 128Mb of memory, ....and the....
TUD can only support up to 256Mb of memory.
I found a site that I can but the memory modules at a good price and need to confirm what I need to get, exp.....SIMM @ 3.3v or 5v, and the like. Thanks, ..........Dallas
soupy
Absentee administrator

I'd say that 32MB 60ns EDO 5V non-parity 72pin-simms are the way to go.
Flash your BIOS at your own risk.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
daljaxon

Thanks, I kind of figured that those were the specks that I needed, just needed it confirmed. I was thrown a little when the SIMMs I found gave you a choice of 3.3v or 5v. I appreciate both of your replies.
..............daljaxon
soupy
Absentee administrator

Looks like the MB-8500TUD supports SDRAM, which will be cheaper than EDO SIMMS. The SDRAM will be 3.3v.
Flash your BIOS at your own risk.
daljaxon

8O Hey, have you ever used pricewatch.com? I was astonished how cheap the spider found memory modules, $6.00 for each 32Mb SIMM. Hard Drives weren't to bad, but I am sure there is cheaper out there!