Is my new DFI Infinity dead?

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
surfer
New visitors - please read the rules.

I recently tried to flash my new DFI NFII Ultra Infinity with a new "alpha" BIOS and now the machine will not boot. Just gives blank screen and I can't do anything. I tried removing the battery and clearing CMOS but to no avail. Please help me revive my motherboard...

1. After this mess, I ordered a bios savior for next time :>
2. I'm currently trying to get a hot flash to work.

I have an NF7-S for doing the hot swap but am having trouble with the hot flash and would really love any help you guys could provide

I copied the latest "stable" BIOS 11/27/2003 N24IDB27.BIN to a DOS 6.22 floppy along with AWARDFLASH 8.22A (Abit's version) and booted my NF7-S. Here is what I've tried so far...

I boot off the NF7-S bios to A: prompt
I remove the NF7-S BIOS and replace it with my DFI BIOS (are these the same chips?)

I tried AWARDFLASH N24IDB27.BIN /PY/SN/QI

The flash proceeds but for most of the process it shows RED for "WRITE FAILED"

Next, I tried adding /F option... but then the system locks up and the floppy activity light just stays lit continuously

I spent $50 for an overnight replacement BIOS from biosrecovery.com but the BIOS they sent says INTEL RIGHT ON IT!!! and didn't work

I realize this is an alpha BIOS and I made a mistake WILL NEVER FLASH BIOS AGAIN WITHOUT BIOS SAVIOR, now help me fix it and I can enjoy my new infinity board :> and don't mean to bash anybody, just frustrated right now

DFI NFII Ultra Infinity
Athlon XP-M 2500+
Mushkin Level 2 Black 2 X 512MB 11-2-2-2
Enermax 460W Whisper series power supply
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
D-tek Pro Core Radiator
D-tek White Water CPU block
MAZE4 GPU block

For the short period of time my system was running my idle temp was 30C load 34C
jiteo
BIOS Rookie

Before hot-flashing you need to make sure that the two BIOS chips are compatible. What this means:

- same voltage
- same size
- same pinout

I used http://devicedatabase.dataman.com/ to look up these specs. You need to know the ID of both chips. They look something like W290C20 and are beneath the stickers on the chips.

enjoy!
Artom
sulbert
Master Flasher

AFAIK all Nforce2 boards have LPC flash chips. So voltage and pinout will match for sure.

What does it do with other versions on AWDflash (or maybe even with AMIflash and/or Uniflash)?

And if you get your DFI working, don't kill it again with too high FSB frequency (yes, it's capable of very high FSB frequency but only for a short time...) ;)