.rom FROM IMAGE

Discusses BIOS flashers and utilities from Award, AMI and Uniflash
stupidman
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi, everyone.
Excuse me for my bad English. I am from Russia.
I have casually come across your site looking for decision of a problem arisen to me.
May be vou will help me.
The chip of flash memory E28F002BC-T60 on my MB TC430HX Tucson AA Revision 661449-503 died.
I found equivalent for him, downloaded a new insertion 10004DH_.exe from intel download.
But the matter is that burning in ROM programmer requires only one .rom file, whereas in archive there is a set of files with extensions .bio, bi1, bi2, bi3, rec, rcv, rec, re1, re2, re3.

I did all 48 possible concatenations of files bio, bi1, bi2, bi3 with cutting off headers and made-to-measure to 2 Mbit by FF's, but none of these concatenations opened correctly by AMIBCP v.7.51.03, 7.60.04, 2.43.2 for Win utility ( generated error -" BIOS module header cannot be foud " ), although AMI's copyright string ( AMIBIOS (C)1985-1991 ) is in 1004dh0_.rcv - really.

Whether there is a possibility to assemble the .rom file for ROM burner from this set .
Which utility can open Intel BIOS correctly? Neither AMIBCP nor AMIDECO can do it.

TIA
Last edited by stupidman on Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Solder chip in place and perform a recovery flash.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
stupidman

edwin wrote:Solder chip in place and perform a recovery flash.
Hm....It is necessary to have at least boot block in the chip for recovery.
Very curiously read post of this kind from "System/network engineer".
Thank's for concern anyway...
sunbirds
BIOS Rookie

I have checked the bios, it 's neither ami bios nor phoenix bios, so you cant use ami tools open it .
stupidman

sunbirds wrote:I have checked the bios, it 's neither ami bios nor phoenix bios, so you cant use ami tools open it .
AMI's copyright notice ( AMIBIOS (C)1985-1991 ) is in 1004dh0_.rcv - really. Intel took AMI BIOS as basic and very strong modified one, i guess. Nevertheless. May be exist utility kinde of AMIBCP and AMIDECO for proper hack Intel bios?
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

That's what worked for someone that had completely FUBARd his bios. But you are telling me no matter how much abused the chip still should have a bootblock somewhere?

I'll see if I can find my TC430HX board (it's here somewhere I'm sure) and get a .rom file with uniflash from it. The iflash utility won't let you...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
stupidman

edwin wrote:That's what worked for someone that had completely FUBARd his bios....
Yeah...That's nice worked if BB is alive. My chip is physical fault ( i wrote about in first post ) and very warm up . When i desoldered him, date line DQ4, DQ5 ( pins 32,33 ) were shorted to ground. Under TSOP dice on PCB exist place for 1 Mbit 32PLCC dice. It is posible use for 2 Mbit dice with insignificant alteration. I certainly lose the possibility to make recovery from floppy because of nonconformity chip ID, but this no longer is important I mount 32PLCC chip carrier on board, have rom programmer, new dice, i need .rom file.
edwin wrote:I'll see if I can find my TC430HX board (it's here somewhere I'm sure) and get a .rom file with uniflash from it. The iflash utility won't let you...
I will be very grateful. You can save FW using BIOSUP.exe ( with /S key ) utility from 10004dh0.exe archive http://drivers.vartek.com/Motherboard/I ... 004dh0.exe
TIA
Nick Podkopaev

Hello, Stupidman!

Have you solved your problem with Tucson board?

Regards,
Nick