Search found 22 matches

by trodas
Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:31 pm
Forum: General BIOS Questions
Topic: JetWay V266B
Replies: 6
Views: 10348

cp - did you check the datecode and the state of the L1 brigdes on your cpu? can you please report back with both? I don't know what you mean. The CPU is AXP2800+, witch has default x12.5 multi. No mods on the CPU was done, yet. If you tell me exactly what to check, I do it. I have no idea that L1 ...
by trodas
Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:17 am
Forum: Other BIOS update issues.
Topic: GF2MX400 "Sparkle" 64MB bios flash
Replies: 1
Views: 3185

GF2MX400 "Sparkle" 64MB bios flash

I recently recapped two these "Sparkle" GF2MX400 64MB AGP cards. They run beautifully, I removed the CE filters to get even cleaner image and so on... Quite good cards for folding/testing machines. And I started to use one in testing and... and I wanted to remove the sign-on message. Easy tweak with...
by trodas
Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:11 am
Forum: In-depth High-tech BIOS section
Topic: How hard is to add super-low multi selection?
Replies: 1
Views: 3023

How hard is to add super-low multi selection?

During some experimenting with underclocking I managed this: http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/2470/axp275mhzgs0.gif http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=204267 ...yet I was told that the AXP-M CPU's can do even lower multi that x5 - they can do x3 for SURE, see there: http://valid.x86-secret...
by trodas
Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:56 pm
Topic: Abit BX133-Raid
Replies: 7
Views: 10447

WoW! :twisted: 3.5V is a little bit too much - but like 2.6 or perhaps even 2.7V the poor old Celeron II probably can handle - what do you think? :P :twisted: And yes, it is a RC5058M chip there: http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/6956/rc5058mabitbx133rjm9.jpg But I did not like this way with DIP sw...
by trodas
Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:22 am
Topic: Abit BX133-Raid
Views: 10447

Abit BX133-Raid

There is already moded bios that included more recent RAID v2.351 that support 48bit addressing and added microcode to support Coppermine and Tualatin (!) CPU's in this oldie mobo with a little wiring in CPU socket. You can grab it there: http://ax2.old-cans.com/BX133.ZIP A big thanks to RayeR: http...
by trodas
Sat May 05, 2007 7:43 pm
Topic: Hotflashing problem
Replies: 2
Views: 3734

Hoooray! Uniflash on JetWay V400DB helped me and V266B is kicking again well! :D I tried to flash with differen tools at the Gigabite GA-7ZM - but nothing worked. Then I realized that the board use Amibios, so... I used the Gigabite utility for flashing it and it flashed to the AMIC A29002 (it suppo...
by trodas
Fri May 04, 2007 9:14 pm
Topic: Hotflashing problem
Replies: 2
Views: 3734

Hotflashing problem

I was hotflashed many times before and consider myself a almost pro there. I owning a BIOS saviour as well, so, nothing can happen to me that I can't handle, right? Well, wrong. Two days ago I decided that I will fix my error in my moded bios for JetWay V266B mainboard. I was just set 000000 instead...
by trodas
Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:42 am
Topic: JetWay V266B Vcore option missing
Replies: 9
Views: 7738

Well, what is wrong then and how can I fix it, if it is a hardware problem? :wink: :roll: :?:
by trodas
Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:28 pm
Topic: ASUS A7S8X-MX tweak
Replies: 33
Views: 32755

Could you please repost the bios? The rapidshare link is inactive now... :? :( (as well, as the yousendit.com one... with the more recent version...)

Please?
by trodas
Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:31 pm

cp - well, no mod was done to the board, yet the option was missing even before. Even with Duron CPU...! And it WAS once there with the same Duron... :? apple_rom - what make you think so? So far, except dying caps that get exchanged, there is nothing wrong with the mobo? It run even overclocked we...
by trodas
Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:19 pm
Topic: PCI latency mod?
Views: 7187

Of course I cannot agree more with Deniss PCI latency definition: PCI Latency does not affect CPU time, it is an indicator how long a PCI device is able to have exclusive rights on the PCI bus. After the selected time the next PCI device gets exclusive rights (if needed). But he is deadly wrong on t...
by trodas
Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:32 pm
Topic: PCI latency mod?
Views: 7187

cp - I know this proggy. A bit hardcore, but good. However this is a folding machine we talking about. I need it to run w/o user intervention and I clearly did not want log in each day after I power it up to change this settings - not to mention that when I log in once by terminal, I have to log of...
by trodas
Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:25 pm
Forum: General BIOS Questions
Topic: JetWay V266B
Replies: 6
Views: 10348

edwin - sadly - nope :oops: I wish it could be THAT simple :twisted: But good tip - you know some mobos on it that work? cp - well, I soldered the two pins on CPU socket together (these that should enable the multipliers) but mobo on setup multi 6x did not post at all... :roll: :? I starting to bel...
by trodas
Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:19 pm

edwin - sadly, no change on anything (nor the Vcore option) when Ctrl + F1 it pressed on title screen in bios or in the overlocking menu :oops: cp - well, clearly the board has the "additional ICs", because we seen that option, it was there and mainly - it is still in the bios. Just open it with Mo...
by trodas
Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:34 pm

JetWay V266B Vcore option missing

Once a while back, my stepbro, when first problems thanks to the GSC caps surfaced on the JetWay V266B mobo, flashed the mobo with a new bios. It don't help a thing, but it does cause something. From that time the Vcore option in bios was never seen again. Ever. Todays I did some work on it, and dis...