BIOS Modification for Adaptec Controller - who have done it?

Video, SCSI, modem, CDROM/CDR/CDRW, etc.
Ger@ld
BIOS Rookie

Hallo!

I have a AHA2940 with OEM BIOS 1.10 here. Oficcial BIOS 1.16 and 1.23 wont working, because the BIOS is dongle with Controller and OEM Controller have a diffrent Vendor ID. The Vendor ID is not in serial EEPROM it's direct in SCSI-Controller Chip :(
I have found, that BIOs file is packed wit LHA. I have decompressed this File and replaced in new BIOS the official vendor ID to OEM ID but after fresh BIOS file I've burn an EPROM, but it didn't work.
What's wrong?
:cry:
Ger@ld
BIOS Rookie

[quote="Ger@ld"]Hallo!

I have a AHA2940 with OEM BIOS 1.10 here. Oficcial BIOS 1.16 and 1.23 wont working, because the BIOS is dongle with Controller and OEM Controller have a diffrent Vendor ID. The Vendor ID is not in serial EEPROM it's direct in SCSI-Controller Chip :(
I have found, that BIOs file is packed wit LHA. I have decompressed this File and replaced in new BIOS the official vendor ID to OEM ID. This working fine. Vendor is 9004 and Device ID from Original is 8178 - OEM 7178. In decompresed file 8bios.bin you must serch for 0490 and 7881. The ID's be in Intel format, that's the trick, to cange the bits ;-). Both values be nearly in bios code. you must replace 7881 to 7871. The Header from Original BIOS must be use, that's importand. The original BIOS have a size from 65 KB. The BIOS file is mirrored and 2 times in Memory. You must use the second version. At first you add with "a" a little file to bios file. Then you delate with d 8bios.bin. Then add the new bios bin and delate the help-file. at second you fill up the new file to 7FFF with 00 - the both last bytes must be ED.Thats all!
:idea: :lol:
maman
Master Flasher

I have done it here: http://www.geocities.com/mamanzip/pinczakko.html for a totally different purpose :D.