Chaintech board? BIOS updates available?

How-to identify your motherboard ?
dtrump
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have a board that I got a couple of years back in a barebones kit, but documentation is limited at best, with no mention of the board's manufacturer. Looking at some of the other sites, and using the BIOS ID, it appears that this is a Chaintech board, but I can't find any information on it. Is it a Chaintech board, and are there any available BIOS updates for it?

Here's the info:
BIOS ID: 2A5IMC3AC
BIOS Date: 10/13/1999
BIOS Type: Award Modular BIOS v4.51PG
BIOS Signon: 10/13/1999-SiS-530-2A5IMC3AC-00
Chipset: SiS 530 rev 3
Superio: ITE 8661 / SiS 6801 rev 6 found at port 279h

Thanks for your help!
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

This is the Chaintech CT-5SSM0. The problem is that Chaintech does not list it at the website. The fun part is that Soyo, which is an entirely different company, DOES list a 5SSM with matching specs.

I think your best bet is to email Chaintech tech support.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
dtrump
New visitors - please read the rules.

edwin wrote:This is the Chaintech CT-5SSM0. The problem is that Chaintech does not list it at the website. The fun part is that Soyo, which is an entirely different company, DOES list a 5SSM with matching specs.

I think your best bet is to email Chaintech tech support.
Thanks for the help. I just sent out an email to Chaintech's USA support, so we'll see what they have to say. I also came across some other individuals on the web with the same board and same problem, so I'm not completely crazy.

When I get a response, I'll post it over here for everyone.

Thanks again!